Vortex SPX Tech Documents
All Vortex™ spreaders can be used year round for fertilizer, pre-emergent herbicides, insecticides, granular growth regulators, ice melt products and other granular materials. The Vortex SPX™ and Vortex SPX-E™ are fully assembled and shipped ready for use.
This lightweight unit is maneuverable in small spaces and is powerful enough to handle large areas, also. Use the Vortex SPX™ and Vortex SPX-E™ granular blower in a utility vehicle, pickup truck, pull cart, wagon or boat.
12 Volt Vibration Kit available is available as an accessory on the Vortex SPX™ and comes standard on the Vortex SPX-E™. The Vortex SPX-E™ is all electronic and used in the nursery market for precision application of material in container and in-ground plant material.
- All aluminum, powder coat painted frame
- All Stainless steel valve components
- Fully enclosed material storage to prevent material from becoming wet
- Vortex SPX™ series utilizes electric On / Off flow control at delivery hose end, giving the operator the ability to be 8 feet from the main unit
- Lightweight backpack blower used for granular delivery
- Up to 15 lbs. per minute material application rate
- Fully adjustable valve for varied rate of material delivery
- On / Off control at spreader handle.
- Non clogging Patented delivery system U.S. Patents #6,883,736 #7,080,961 #7,137,579 #7,337,992
- Extension tubes included for longer delivery pattern
- Unlimited maneuverability
- Easy clean-up with liquid soap and water
- Will apply mini prill, standard prill and large pellets
- One person operation
- Small areas are perfect for the Vortex SPX™ and Javelin Precision Applicator™
- Unit is palletized for shipping.
- No assembly required
- Valve direct mount in hopper for even flow of material
- Valve configured for minimal dust release
- Use Vortex SPX™ series in a utility vehicle, pickup truck, pull cart, wagon or boat
- Vibration kit optional to insure even flow of material in humid conditions and comes standard on the Vortex SPX-E™